Article delegate-en/828 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: nntp/radius feature
07 Jun 2000 07:29:31 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

On 05/31/00(16:58) I wrote in <_A817@delegate-en.ML_>
 |I agree with you that certain standard protocol for authentication/
 |authorization like RADIUS should be supported in DeleGate.  But I
 |think it should be introduced carefully to be applicable to arbitrary
 |protocol replacing AUTH or AUTHORIZER parameters, in future.

In the next release, AUTHORIZER parameter will become applicable
to NNTP as shown in my former message.
AUTHORIZER uses FTP-server (or FTP protocol) for authentication,
and such authorization server (which may delegate authentication
for RADIUS server) can be easily implemented just supporting
USER and PASS commands like follows.

 S: 220 Hello
 C: USER user
 S: 331 Password required for user.