Article delegate-en/685 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] CIPHER KIND VALUE?
27 Jan 2000 09:37:50 GMT Horia Georgescu <pbyaabdyi-6rbemldbwo3r.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hello,
Please help in a digital certificate matter.
I'm not sure how the certificate determines the kind of encryption used
between a server and a client over a SSL connection. Specifically, I'm
creating a self signed certificate with the suggested method in
message#44 in this list, and I can connect to the DeleGate SSL proxy only
with browsers supporting 128bit encryption.
I want to be able to connect to it also with 40 bit browsers.
Changing the key size between 512 and 1024 bits didn't make any
difference. Is it anything which is actually dependent on sslway? (I
don't think so, but I need some guidance).

Your suggestions are much appreciated.

Best regards,
Horia Georgescu