Article delegate-en/580 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] NNTP header retreival problem
10 Sep 1999 14:32:03 GMT Dennis Cartier <p7yaabdyi-y44oklbkfdjr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hello,
I have a situation where I am trying to get Delegate to proxy for a
remote news server on the other side of a ISDN 128K link. The problem is
when any local client tries to retreive the headers for a given group
Delegate seems to retreive the whole message. This is a probelm for
binary groups as downloading every message in the whole group takes way
too long. Setting Delegate to "cache=no" does not seem to help. It still
retreives the whole message, it just does not keep a copy locally, so it
has to retreive it again when the client tries to view it. Is this a
problem with the xover implementation in Delegate? Is there any way to
deal with this? The version I am using is 5.9.1 on FreeBSD.

Thanks for your help

Dennis