Article delegate-en/576 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] username and password in url
07 Sep 1999 12:58:42 GMT "David Barber" <p7iaqbdyi-ps5l6rcamdfr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

I wonder if anyone can help me figure out how to mount and/or filter a site
that I am having problems with.  When first contacted, the site returns a
Location redirect.  The url given is in a form like
http://username:password@server../login .  If I just use delegate as a
proxy, the remote browser responds to the url properly and at the
appropriate time it uses the username and password to do a
basic-authentication with the remote server.  However, when I mount
www.server.com as /server the browser does not respond appropriately to the
remote server and the user is shown a prompt with a username and password.
I am at a loss as to how to where the problem is and how to filter the

If you have any ideas or suggestions, please let me know.  Even if you do
not know what the solution is, it might help if you can tell me how to write
a filter that logs the complete communication between the client and the
server using ftocl and fromsv.  If I can do this, it might shed some light
on what the browser or server are sending and when.

Thanks in advance for your help,

David Barber
OhioLINK