Article delegate-en/550 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: cannot get active list
17 Aug 1999 04:16:19 GMT Vadim Stanovov <peababdyi-y44oklbkfdjr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hi,

Yutaka Sato wrote:
> The message indicates that the LIST command to the NNTP server from
> the DeleGate failed by some reason.  A simple NNTP/HTTP-DeleGate
> can be configured like this:
>
>   delegate-host% delegated -v -P8888 MOUNT="/* nntp://newsserver/*"

Oh! When I entered string almost like this, it's work!

> Then you can access the NNTP server via the DeleGate as
> "http://delegate-host:8888/".  I suppose your configuration is more
> or less like this.

No, in my configurtion I got string AUTH="manager:*:user@host", when I
removed it DeleGate answer normally.

> I think the most probable reason of the failure in you case is that
> your NNTP server does not allow client's access from your delegate-host.
> You can confirm it by manual conversation with the
Manual conversation works fine. My news server work without
user/password authentication.

> If this is the case, you must specify necessary username and password
> to login the NNTP server.  A simple way is specifying them as a parameter
> to DeleGate like this:
>
>   MOUNT="/* nntp://username:password@newsserver/*"
>
> Another way is to let DeleGate force asking them to the HTTP clients by
> a parameter like this:
>
>   NNTPCONF=auth
>
> This "NNTPCONF=auth" should be judged automatically when a NNTP server
> asked authentication. Such mechanism it is partially implemented in
> current DeleGate, but incomplete.  It will be finished in DeleGate/6.X.

Thank you very much for detail answer,

Vadim Stanovov

System Administrator
JSC "Bratskcomplexholding"