Article delegate-en/535 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] compiling DeleGate on RedHat Linux 6.0
06 Aug 1999 16:51:15 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

Hi forks,

Today I bought a CD-ROM contains RedHat Linux 6.0 and tried to compile
DeleGate on it.  Like someone wrote, the make stopped at the very
begining because of mismatching of declaration.  So I tried

% make PATH=.:$PATH CFLAGS=-I/usr/include

to successfully finish all of compilations.  But at the ending of make,
it failed to link delegated saying "undefined reference to `Fstype'".
So I inserted a line like follows at the top of src/delegated.c

#include "../maker/statvfs.c"

and retried the make to get src/delegated.

I found this problem is caused by the strange specification of statvfs()
function which seems to be newly introduced in Linux 6.0, which is given
the same name but has different type of argument structure from those of
other systems, to break the automatic configuration of DeleGate.
I will modify maker/__statvfs.c to cope with such situation in the next
release...

On 05/19/99(19:18) Bjrn Sllarp <p2eaqbdyi-y44okldhzdjr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A465@delegate-en.ML_>

On 05/19/99(20:36) I wrote in <_A466@delegate-en.ML_>
 |Could you show me the (error) messages around the termination of
 |your make?  I only have an ancient RedHat Linux (4.1) nearby me
 |where I can make DeleGate by ``make CC=gcc PATH=".:$PATH"''.
 |
 |I have AIX/2.4 with gcc/2.6.3 where
 |  make CC=gcc PATH=".:$PATH"
 |failes in the way of compilation of mkmake.c but succeeds with
 |  make CC=gcc PATH=".:$PATH" HDRDIRS="-I/usr/include -I../include"

On 1999 00/00/00(00:0X) "Jurijs Turjanskis" <p6aaqbdyi-y44okldhzdjr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A496@delegate-en.ML_>
 |--

On 07/03/99(06:50) "Jon Gillies" <p7maqbdyi-y44okldhzdjr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A507@delegate-en.ML_>

On 07/29/99(21:08) =?iso-8859-1?q?Peter=20Hoeg?= <pcmbabdyi-y44okldhzdjr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A531@delegate-en.ML_>

On 07/28/99(22:04) Oliver Hertel <po4aabdyi-y44okldhzdjr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A529@delegate-en.ML_>
 |Is there a 5.9.3 (including the temp-file patch) binary for Solaris
 |2.6 around? I cannot compile it here ("Something wrong in Libraries"
 |--> libsubst.a), when using gcc or cc (same under RedHat Linux 6.0,