Article delegate-en/5094 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: How to automatically delete and recreate service
21 Jul 2014 02:19:43 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)
The DeleGate Project

Hi Joel,

you Joel Pearson <p4ujqbdyi-e6iskloifhrr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |Hi,
 |
 |Thanks for creating delegate, I really like it, so lightweight, yet functional.  It's like a Swiss Army knife!
 |
 |Once a month when I change my upstream proxy password I have to recreate my DeleGate services, is it possible to automatically answer "yes" to deleting the old server and creating the new service and making it start automatically?

Yes we can do it with the SERVCONF="yesall" option in DeleGate/9.9.9
or later.  The output on the console is as below.

Cheers from Japan,
Yutaka

    > delegated.exe -P9999 ADMIN=ysato@delegate.org SERVCONF=yesall
    ... testing ports to be used [9999] ...
    =============================================================== Hints ====
      You need to be Administrator to start DeleGate as a service.

      You can modify the name of service by specifying tcp / udp explicitly:
          -P[hostname:]port[.udp|.tcp]

      You can define the whole name of the service with the following option:
          SERVCONF="name:DeleGate Service Name"

      You can ommit the interactions with the following option:
          SERVCONF=yesall   ... 'y' for all question by default
          SERVCONF=auto     ... to select automatic service start
          SERVCONF=demand   ... to select on demand service start

      You can see the parameters of running DeleGate with "regedit" tool.
          Be Administrator and see the registory shown bellow.
          If necessary, you can edit the parameters with regedit then
          restart the DeleGate service to use the parameters.
    Trying to start as a service [DeleGate Server -P9999] ...
    OK. STOPped the previous service.
    OK. DELETEd the previous service.
    OK. Parameters are saved in registry:
    "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DeleGate-P9999\Parameters"
    OK. Environments are saved in registry:
    "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DeleGate-P9999\Environments"
    OK. Description is saved in registry:
    "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DeleGate-P9999"
    OK. The service is created successfully.
    OK. The service started successfully.

 |Here is the output below:
 |
 |Trying to start as a service [DeleGate Server -P20003,__0:20003] ...
 |
 |The service `DeleGate Server -P20003,__0:20003' exists.  Delete it ? [y] / n : y
 |
 |OK. STOPped the previous service.
 |
 |OK. DELETEd the previous service.
 |
 |Create a new service ? [y] / n : y
 |
 |Set Automatic Start on System Startup ? [y] / n : y
 |
 |OK. Parameters are saved in registry:

 |"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DeleGate-P20003,__0.20003\Parameters"

 |OK. Environments are saved in registry:

 |"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DeleGate-P20003,__0.20003\Environments"

 |OK. The service is created successfully.
 |
 |OK. The service started successfully.
 |
 |Thanks,
 |
 |Joel
 |
 |Sent from my iPad

Cheers from Japan,
  9 9   Yutaka Sato { Do the more with the less -- B. Fuller }