Article delegate-en/4949 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: SFTP proxy question
26 Dec 2010 19:02:42 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you Alexander Box <pkijqbdyi-6rjyzcpy423r.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |Please excuse my simplistic terminology:
 |
 |I have a client, C, that needs to access a remote sftp server, R. I am
 |trying to setup delegate on a local server, L, so that C can ftp
 |(not sftp) to L, supply a username and password that is valid on R,
 |and appear to be connected to R. If C provides a username and password
 |to L that is not valid on R, I want delegate to refuse the ftp
 |connection attempt from C.
 |
 |Here is the invocation of delegate (9.9.8-pre18) that I am using to
 |accomplish the above:
 |
 |/usr/local/bin/delegated -P21 SERVER=ftp OWNER=delegate/delegate
 | MOUNT="/* sftp://R/*" PERMIT="ftp:R:C"
 |
 |This invocation meets my requirements, except in the case that R is
 |inaccessible from L. In this case, C can still ftp to L (what is more,
 |using a completely invalid username and password), and appear to be
 |able to run NLST, STOR etc. successfully.

Sorry but I can't understand what "R is inaccessible from L" means
while you are specifying the server "R" to be accessed from your
DeleGate on "L".

 |How can I force L to reject connection attempts from C if R is unavailable
 |from L?
 |
 |I have tried:
 |/usr/local/bin/delegated -P21 SERVER=ftp OWNER=delegate/delegate
 | MOUNT="/* sftp://R/* servon=init" PERMIT="ftp:R:C"
 |
 |However delegate returns:
 |553 Permission denied by DeleGate.
 |I have also tried "servon=user" and "servon=pass" to no effect.

The "servon" option is not applicable to sftp/FTP gateway.

  9 9   Yutaka Sato (CSDP,ITIL-F,OCUP-A,Security+) http://delegate.org/y.sato/