Article delegate-en/4946 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] SFTP proxy question
22 Dec 2010 00:37:00 GMT Alexander Box <pkijqbdyi-pbcajtzrkk3r.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Please excuse my simplistic terminology:

I have a client, C, that needs to access a remote sftp server, R. I am trying to setup delegate on a local server, L, so that C can ftp (not sftp) to L, supply a username and password that is valid on R, and appear to be connected to R. If C provides a username and password to L that is not valid on R, I want delegate to refuse the ftp connection attempt from C.

Here is the invocation of delegate (9.9.8-pre18) that I am using to accomplish the above:

/usr/local/bin/delegated -P21 SERVER=ftp OWNER=delegate/delegate MOUNT="/* sftp://R/*" PERMIT="ftp:R:C"

This invocation meets my requirements, except in the case that R is inaccessible from L. In this case, C can still ftp to L (what is more, using a completely invalid username and password), and appear to be able to run NLST, STOR etc. successfully.

How can I force L to reject connection attempts from C if R is unavailable from L?

I have tried:

/usr/local/bin/delegated -P21 SERVER=ftp OWNER=delegate/delegate MOUNT="/* sftp://R/* servon=init" PERMIT="ftp:R:C"

However delegate returns:

553 Permission denied by DeleGate.

I have also tried "servon=user" and "servon=pass" to no effect.

Thank you in advance.