Article delegate-en/494 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Not working: DeleGate as a http proxy which mak e a bare HTTP cli ent be a HTTPS/SSL client
11 Jun 1999 04:27:20 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

On 06/11/99(06:00) you "Eichert, Diana" <p5maqbdyi-t75q7lsqqdjr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A493@delegate-en.ML_>
 |	Thanks for the information.  Exactly what I needed.  I am writing
 |some Perl scripts using Net::SSLeay to test response times from various
 |secure servers at work.  Some of the servers are on the internal network, no
 |problem, others are on the external network, accessible only via proxy
 |server.  I could rewrite the Perl scripts using LWP, since it supports proxy
 |servers, but I wanted to use delegate as I have it up and running already.

Sorry but still I don't understand your situation.

 1. You have a HTTPS/SSL client written in Perl
 2. You have a HTTP proxy server on your firewall

If these are true, I think the easiest way to pass your firewall is
just rewriting your client 1. so that it connect to the proxy 2. and
issue CONNECT method to connect the target server.  After these,
your client can communicate with the target server in HTTP/SSL.

Also I don't understand what DeleGate could do to solve your problem...