Article delegate-en/4893 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: EPSV support in DeleGate
24 Aug 2010 01:56:08 GMT James <pbeiqbdyi-6rjyzcjgb43r.ml@ml.delegate.org>

On 24 August 2010 11:48, Yutaka Sato <feedback@delegate.org> wrote:
> In message <_A4891@delegate-en.ML_> on 08/24/10(10:41:13) I wrote:
>  | |Is the EPSV command from the client to Delegate and then DeleGate
>  | |passes the EPSV to the origin server ?
>  |No.  FTP commands for data-connection establishment from a client
>  |are not forwarded to the server.  Those commands are hop-by-hop ones
>  |to negotiate with the neighbor, not to be forwarded.
>  |In the log you mentioned, DeleGate received EPSV from client and
>  |sent PORT for the server.
>  | |If I have an EPSV capable client will the EPSV
>  | |request be passed to delegate and then to the origin server ?
>  |Thus the answer is, No.
>
> What you can do to use EPSV toward the server with the existing
> versions of DeleGate is accessing the FTP server by its IPv6 address.

Unfortunately they don't have a v6 address.

> Or you need to apply the patch and the option, or wait the next

The patch works as expected although the logs don't seem to indicate
that EPSV is used.  (That is more a cosmetic issue so I can live with that)..

> pre-release (9.9.8-pre13) in which the patch or its equivalent will
> be included.

Great.  Do you know what the release timetable is ?
Thanks again for your help.  Your support is better than most commercial support
agreements and your program is far more flexible than most other offerings.

--
jac