Article delegate-en/4883 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Does the Delegate product allow us to limit access to target hosts and protocols by username?
17 Aug 2010 00:53:21 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you Vietnhi Phuvan <pcijqbdyi-6rjyzcmbb43r.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |Hello,
 |
 |Does the delegate product support user based access control listing?

Yes.

 |Because from what I see, your PERMIT statement does not appear to
 |support usename
 |
 |ERMIT parameter*   ==  PERMIT=/connMap/ <http://www.delegate.org/delegate/Manual.htm?connMap>
 |           /connMap/  ==  /ProtoList/ <http://www.delegate.org/delegate/Manual.htm?ProtoList>:/dstHostList/ <http://www.delegate.org/delegate/Manual.htm?HostList>:/srcHostList/ <http://www.delegate.org/delegate/Manual.htm?HostList>
 |                    --  default: none
 |

 |We'd like to be able to limit access to hosts and protocols i.e.
 |services by username (and group). Please let us know if the Delegate
 |product allows us to do that and if so, what procedure we have to follow
 |to be able to do that.

The first option to see is the AUTHORIZER option.

  AUTHORIZER="-list{user1:pass1,user2:pass2}:http,ftp:host1,host2:*"

The above specifies
  - user1 and user2 are authenticated and authorized to access for
  - the servers of HTTP and FTP protocol and if
  - the servers are on host host1 or host2

You can refer the authenticated user name by AUTHORIZER in the PERMIT
option in "srcHostList", as PERMIT="nntp:host3:user1@*" for example.