Article delegate-en/4524 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Antwort: Re: [DeleGate-En] Antwort: Re: [DeleGate-En] Compilation error on AIX 5.3
07 Aug 2009 06:06:38 GMT pvaiqbdyi-f4q452qpoj3r.ml@ml.delegate.org

Hi Yutaka

Thank you again for your good feedback. However, there are errors over
errors. No, I have no experience with ancient Delegate on ancient/previous
AIX versions. This is the first time I try Delegate. The new errors is:

root.system@hestia3b  /home/cki/usr/delegate9.9.4
# make CC=gcc
        rm srcsign.o
        sh make-init.sh
rm: src/_builtin.c: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
rm: src/builtin.o: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
rm: gen/bldsign.h: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.

####### -makeat: /home/cki/usr/delegate9.9.4/src
-n
        gcc -O2 -x c++ -DQS -I../gen -I../include -O -c version.c
-DLICENSEE=\"""\"
-n
        gcc -O2 -x c++ -DQS -I../gen -I../include -O -c ../srcsign.c -o
../srcsign.o
-n
        gcc -O2 -x c++ -DQS -I../gen -I../include -O -c conf.c
-DADMIN=\"christoph.kiefer@snb..ch\"  -DADMINPASS=\"\"
conf.c:707: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
conf.c:707: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
conf.c:707: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
conf.c:707: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
conf.c:707: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
conf.c:707: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'
-n
        gcc -O2 -x c++ -DQS -I../gen -I../include -O -c http.c
http.c: In function 'int relay_response(Connection13*, QueryContext*, int,
const char*, const char*, int, const char*, const char*, int, FILE*,
FILE*, FILE*, FILE*, int)':
http.c:3707: error: no match for 'operator=' in 'RXut = 0'
../include/ystring.h:464: note: candidates are: UTag&
UTag::operator=(const UTag&)
http.c:3708: error: no match for 'operator=' in 'refbufut = 0'
../include/ystring.h:464: note: candidates are: UTag&
UTag::operator=(const UTag&)
http.c:3711: error: no match for 'operator=' in
'RX->ResponseContext::r_line0t = 0'

and so ....

Cheers,
Christoph

Von:
feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)
An:
feedback@delegate.org
Kopie:
pvaiqbdyi-f4q452qpoj3r.ml@ml.delegate.org
Datum:
07.08.2009 07:51
Re: [DeleGate-En] Antwort: Re: [DeleGate-En] Compilation error on AIX 5.3

Hi,

In message
<_A4522@delegate-en.ML_> on
08/06/09(22:30:33)
you pvaiqbdyi-f4q452qpoj3r.ml@ml.delegate.org wrote:
 |However, there occurs a second error now (see below). Do you have any
idea
 |what do try next?
 |        gcc -O2 -x c++ -DQS -I../gen -I../include -O -c http.c
 |http.c: In function 'int relay_response(Connection13*, QueryContext*,
int,
 |const char*, const char*, int, const char*, const char*, int, FILE*,
 |FILE*, FILE*, FILE*, int)':
 |http.c:3704: error: 'alloca' was not declared in this scope

Maybe the error can be escaped by replacing the line in http.c as bellow:
< #define UTonstack(siz) UTset(alloca(siz),siz)
> #define UTonstack(siz) 0

By the way, do you have any experience of older versions of DeleGate
on AIX?  I myself have, maybe about ten years ago, had tested ancient
DeleGate on ancient AIX.  But I'm not sure if or not recent DeleGate
(based on threads and shared memory) can work on recent AIX even if
it is successfully compiled for it.

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The Swiss National Bank therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. This message is provided for information purposes only.