Article delegate-en/4523 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Antwort: Re: [DeleGate-En] Compilation error on AIX 5.3
07 Aug 2009 05:51:18 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you pvaiqbdyi-bfkmicdoio3r.ml@ml.delegate.org wrote:
 |However, there occurs a second error now (see below). Do you have any idea
 |what do try next?
 |        gcc -O2 -x c++ -DQS -I../gen -I../include -O -c http.c
 |http.c: In function 'int relay_response(Connection13*, QueryContext*, int,
 |const char*, const char*, int, const char*, const char*, int, FILE*,
 |FILE*, FILE*, FILE*, int)':
 |http.c:3704: error: 'alloca' was not declared in this scope

Maybe the error can be escaped by replacing the line in http.c as bellow:
< #define UTonstack(siz) UTset(alloca(siz),siz)
> #define UTonstack(siz) 0

By the way, do you have any experience of older versions of DeleGate
on AIX?  I myself have, maybe about ten years ago, had tested ancient
DeleGate on ancient AIX.  But I'm not sure if or not recent DeleGate
(based on threads and shared memory) can work on recent AIX even if
it is successfully compiled for it.