Article delegate-en/4506 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Data connection refused, but data is forwarded
09 Jul 2009 13:14:29 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you "Gusti Benawi" <prqhabdyi-jfbrsz6im5xr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |I configured delegate to act as reverse proxy.
 |FTPServer <---> Delegate <---> Internet
 |
 |Delegate takes exactly 20 seconds every time to build the data connection in passive mode. This 20 seconds come exactly from two times timout@10 seconds because of connection from delegate to the ftp server is refused, as you can see in the log file (ftp_conndata: connection refused 120.30.1.21:34143->ftpserver.host/120.30.1.20:51359, errno=110)

If it is normal as you expected, why don't you suppress PASV toward server
by FTPCONF="nopasv:sv" ?  Or you should stop the retrial and shorten the
timeout with other configuration parameters.

 |What I am wondering is, why the data (for example directory listing) can be transfered to the client although the connection to the data port of the server is refused?

I'm not sure what you mean but it may depends on your configurarion; it
might be data via retried PORT, or a cached data, or so.