Article delegate-en/4402 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: wildcard support using Delegate as DNS server
11 Mar 2009 00:34:15 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you Guillaume de Rorthais <pe4iqbdyi-ufvkztubb63r.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |> Your requirement seems very reasonable but since the DeleGate ver.9 is
 |> in its final stage to be stable and finished, I can't dare to modify it
 |> in the way affecting the current behavior.  So I'll add a directive to
 |> control it in a hosts-file as a comment to be ignored by existing
 |> versions, which might be useful for extensions in future :)
 |> It is "#!max=N" to restrict the number of records to be found.
 |> You can insert it in a hosts-file as this:
 |>
 |>    #!max=1
 |>    a.a.a.a domain.com *.domain.com
 |>    a.a.a.b test1.domain.com
 |>    a.a.a.c test2.domain.com
 |
 |That's fine enough ! Thank you for this patch, it gonna make the trick
 |of our needs.

I uploaded DeleGate/9.9.2-pre6 including the patch.
By the way, I should say the example above does not work and the wild card
entry must be at the bottom of a hosts file as below:

   #!max=1
   a.a.a.a domain.com
   a.a.a.b test1.domain.com
   a.a.a.c test2.domain.com