Article delegate-en/4390 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: How can delegate start as service in Windows XP Prof.
09 Mar 2009 10:44:41 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you balram ghimire <peuiqbdyi-6cfuxbqs2b3r.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |I had installed Delegate 9.9.1 in windows XP Prof. It's work fine. But everytime i have to start manually through run command. I am curious about :
 |1.Is it any way to start it automaticallya as service in windows XP.

I'm not sure how you can stop DeleGate to start automatically as a service.
It should be installed as a service automatically which will be started
automatically if you answer so when asked as below (*)

    > dg.exe SERVER=http -P8080 CACHE=do ADMIN=xxx@yyy
    DGROOT=C:/Program Files/DeleGate
    ADMIN=xxx@yyy
    Trying to start as a service [DeleGate Server -P8080] ...
(*) Set Automatic Start on System Startup ? [y] / n : y
    OK. Parameters are saved in registry:
    "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DeleGate-P8080\Parameters"
    OK. Environments are saved in registry:
    "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DeleGate-P8080\Environments"
(#) OK. The service is created successfully.
(#) OK. The service started successfully.

If the lines are not as above (#) in your console, it might show the
reason of the problem.

 |2 where to put Cache directory in Delegate folder.

Anywhere.  And it is created automatically as DGROOT/cache/ by default
if the CACHE="do" option is specified.

 |3. Is it necessary to put gzip windows executible to any folder as it is in previous version of    Delegate.

Maybe you can solve it to put gzip.exe into one of directories in your PATH.
But you should not use gzip.exe and should use Zlib "dgzlib.dll" bundled in
dg9_X_X.zip (as dg9.X.X/bin/dgzlib1.dll) putting it under the DGROOT/lib/,
or the directory where your dg.exe is.