Article delegate-en/4242 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Reverse Proxy question
29 Nov 2008 18:08:33 GMT Jeff <pyqhqbdyi-6rjyzcltez3r.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Ok, rather embarrassingly I noticed now that I was running 9.7.7. I
apologise for this :( It seems to work as expected on the new version... the
various reverse proxies are working quite nicely (need some tweaking but
works well so far)

One last question, I can't seem to find any way in the documentation to
filter specific URLs.

The problem is, some users are requesting a high bandwidth URL and I need to
filter it. For example, assume that I know the format of a URL to load video
files. I just want users to be able to load the text page with no
multimedia. So an example would be something like: FILTER_URL=*video.avi* or
FILTER=*media.php*. I hope this makes sense..

So in summary, that would be to reject or deny certain URLs but "permit all"
on the rest i.e. selective exclusion/rejection based on URL pattern
matching.

Thanks and regards,
Jeff