Article delegate-en/421 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Accessing internal FTP server from outside...F-
14 Apr 1999 12:53:40 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

On 04/14/99(21:16) you "Daniel G. Rodriguez" <puqaqbdyi-a5crcdvgjlbr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A420@delegate-en.ML_>
 |I have a dual-homed gateway which accesses an outside network and an
 |internal private network (192.168.0.0/22).  I want users from the
 |outside to access an FTP server inside my private network.  Because
 |the FTP server will have a private address like 192.168.1.3, I don't
 |know if this is even possible (i.e., how do internet users access this
 |IP and/or how does my proxy redirect the call to a server inside the
 |network, not on the same machine).

Run a FTP-DeleGate on your gateway host like this:

 # delegated -P21 SERVER=ftp://192.168.1.3

Then clients can access the internal host (ftp://192.168.1.3/) via the
DeleGate on the gateway host (ftp://gateway-host/)

 |I read somewhere that this was possible using Socks, but is it
 |possible to set this up with DeleGate?
 |(Even with SOCKS, I don't know how users address an FTP server inside
 |my private network if they cannot access private IP numbers like
 |192.168.1.3)

Socks will be useless in this case because the (SOCKSified) FTP-clients
must set up (switch) its Socks server to your Socks server to access
your internal FTP server.