Article delegate-en/417 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: No URL logging
14 Apr 1999 05:51:12 GMT ysato@etl.go.jp (Yutaka Sato)

On 04/13/99(21:13) you "Mario de Oliveira Lobo Neto" <puaaqbdyi-6cvkctdkmrnr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A416@delegate-en.ML_>
 |  delegated -P8080 SERVER=http PROXY=proxy-host:8080 CACHE=no
 |LOGDIR=/var/spool/delegate/log
 |
 |I it is really doing the job of relaying the requests to the
 |proxy-host very well. But I can't find where the relayed URLs are
 |being logged. They are not at the LOGDIR. LOGDIR only has
 |initialization messages from delegate when it's starting. Where is
 |delegate logging the relayed URLs ? Which file /directory?

It should be at:

  /var/spool/delegate/log/8080.http

By the way, what do you mean by "initialization messages" and in which
file they were?
I think one possibility for the cause of your problem can be relevant
to the permission of your LOGDIR directory, so I'd like to know the
result of the following command on your host, and in which owner you
invoked your DeleGate.

  % ls -la /var/spool/delegate/log

 |I have delegate in /usr/local/bin. Where should I put delegate.conf ?

No standard nor default location, mainly because it is difficult to
determine or recommend appropriate location for various platforms
on which DeleGate can run.