Article delegate-en/3788 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Problem with Content-Encoding
28 Jun 2007 13:25:33 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you "Bieber, Sebastian" <pyuhabdyi-c2jtqbexo6vr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |I just applied your patches to the original 9.5.6 version. Don't know if
 |this is of any interest to you, but i can confirm that the patched
 |version works perfecly!

Maybe you know it is not perfect because it does not apply gzip to the
data to which CFIscript is applied.  The gzip for HTTP-repsonse is
disabled when a FTOCL filter (a filter for the response data to be sent
toward the client) is specified, because it is necessary to pass
uncompressed data to the filter program.  But in the case where the filter
is a CFI script, the result of the filter is processed by DeleGate again
before it is sent finally to the client, so it can be gziped too.
I'll modity DeleGate to do gzip automatically with FTOCL=*.cfi, but
it can be done by adding a line as follows

  Output-Header:X-Q-Accept-Encoding: gzip

in your CFI script as follows for example.

  #!cfi
  Body-Filter: filter-program
  Output-Header:X-Q-Accept-Encoding: gzip