Article delegate-en/3770 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: minimum neccessary libs
19 Jun 2007 15:34:21 GMT "Joe Moore" <pvyhabdyi-53hcb3pyuctr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

-----Original Message-----
From: Yutaka Sato [mailto:feedback@delegate.org]
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2007 5:18 PM
To: feedback@delegate.org
Cc: Joe Moore; feedback@delegate.org
Subject: Re: [DeleGate-En:3769] minimum neccessary libs

you "Joe Moore" <pvyhabdyi-53hcb3pyuctr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |You are correct. The VMware "BIOS" will not boot from a USB device.
You
 |could however write a bootable image to a USB flash drive from a VM
and
 |then boot any PC that supports USB boot devices from that flash drive.

|You mean that it is not used to boot a VM but a real machine?

Yes, I use the VM to develop the disk image and transfer it to flash,
then I boot actual hardware from the USB attached flash disk.

 |Also... I examined delegated/sslway logs and it appears to be looking
in
 |different places for the "server-cert.pem" and "server-key.pem" each
 |time I start it up. It has reported not finding them in "/", "/root",
 |and "/var/spool/nobody". Where is the best place for these files once
 |generate "real" certs for my boxes?

It should be in a directory listed in LIBPATH.  The recommended
directory
is LIBDIR of which default is DGROOT/lib/, where DGROOT is determined by
the owner of DeleGate, like "/usr/home/delegate/delegate/lib/" for a
user
name "delegate" for example.

I'll have to stick it somewhere in the LIBPATH because the DGROOT is on
/var which is a ramdisk so nothing there will survive a reboot.

Thanks for all your help!

			...jgm