Article delegate-en/3767 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: minimum neccessary libs
18 Jun 2007 20:52:22 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)
The DeleGate Project

Joe,

you "Joe Moore" <pvyhabdyi-53hcb3kiuctr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |VMware workstation 6 (for windows) fully supports USB 2.0 in VMs. I
 |believe workstation version 5 supports USB 1.0. Neither will support USB
 |at all if you enable the "ESX server" compatibility option when you
 |create the VM.
 |
 |I am able to copy to USB thumb drives and CF cards in a USB card reader
 |from FreeBSD 6.2 in a VM running on VMware 6.0 workstation. VMware won't
 |even let me add a USB device to a VM with "ESX server" compatility
 |enabled.

Since I'm doing my development mainly on MacOSX, I'm waiting the
release of the product version of VMWare on MacOSX.  So I'm just using
"VMWare Server" on Windows for a while.  It seems that it detects
the USB devices, but I'm not sure if it can use it as a boot device.
Also I saw VMWare Workstasion 6, but I'm not sure how it can do boot
from a USB disk because it does show only the floppy as a removable
devices to be used in the boot sequense.