Article delegate-en/3766 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: minimum neccessary libs
18 Jun 2007 18:43:20 GMT "Joe Moore" <pvyhabdyi-ry4zqcj6vjvr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Yutaka,

VMware workstation 6 (for windows) fully supports USB 2.0 in VMs. I
believe workstation version 5 supports USB 1.0. Neither will support USB
at all if you enable the "ESX server" compatibility option when you
create the VM.

I am able to copy to USB thumb drives and CF cards in a USB card reader
from FreeBSD 6.2 in a VM running on VMware 6.0 workstation. VMware won't
even let me add a USB device to a VM with "ESX server" compatility
enabled.

				...jgm