Article delegate-en/3762 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: minimum neccessary libs
18 Jun 2007 07:44:07 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

In message <_A3759@delegate-en.ML_> on 06/16/07(08:24:59) I wrote:
 |In message <_A3758@delegate-en.ML_> on 06/16/07(05:52:01)
 |you "Joe Moore" <pvyhabdyi-ry4zqcngvjvr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 | |I have successfully built and run delegated on FreeBSD 6.2-stable. I
 | |built from the ports collection and it runs on a "typical" FreeBSD
 | |install.
 | |
 | |I am now trying to get it to run in a "minibsd 6" installation (a very
 | |stripped-down FreeBSD 6.2 "minimum" install) that boots from a flash
 | |disk. I get error messages about missing libs and "unable to link to
 | |openssl libs". I've copied over the missing files that were specifically
 | |named in the error messages but I still seem to be missing something.
 | |
 | |Would it be possible to get a list of the required libs? Or, is there a
 | |way to build the port statically linked?
 |
 |You should be able to do it with the ldd command if it is not stripped.

By the way, could you tell me the easiest way to run minibsd on a virtual
machine server?  I have VirtualPC,  Parallels Desktop and VMWare thus
if there is an ISO image of a minibsd it'll so easy to test it for me.