Article delegate-en/3366 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: FTP Proxy TLS/AUTH problem
06 Jul 2006 07:30:10 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you Steve Brown <pd4gqbdyi-6rjyzcinf63r.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |>   STLS=fcl
 |>
 |> requires all of its clients to be TLS enabled explicitly (by the
 |> negotiation with AUTH TLS command) or implicitly.
 |> To make TLS optional and accept both TLS and non-TLS clients, you
 |> need to specify it as this:
 |>
 |>   STLS=-fcl
 |
 |Yep, that's fixed it. Thanks very much for your help.

It is possible that a TLS capable FTP client issues FEAT command to
ask if or not the server supports TLS by "AUTH TLS" negotiation.
If DeleGate with STLS=fcl does not announce "AUTH TLS" capability,
the client might not start the negotiation.
9.2.3-pre9 I uploaded yesterday added "AUTH TLS" in FEAT response
when it has STLS=fcl or STLS=-fcl.