Article delegate-en/3363 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] LOGDIR/0 problem (Re: Working with CFI)
05 Jul 2006 23:07:46 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you "Xavier Cheney" <p2mgabdyi-6rjyzcodj63r.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |  - Under Windows, delegate create C:\var\spool\log\0 file even if I
 |specified a DGROOT=C:\delegate

It has been a known bug since the origin of the DeleGate's porting onto
Windows.  On Windows, if a program is invoked as a service, no arguments
and environment variables including DGROOT and -Pxxx is passed to the
program.  Only the executable file name of its own is passed to the main()
function of the program as "main(ac=1,argv[0]=delegate.exe)".
Arguments are got after it started as a service.  So the logfile
"/var/spool/log/0" contains the log during the startup procedure of it
until it starts as a service.
Since I agree that /var/spool/log is not an appropriate location,
in 9.2.3-pre9, I moved the default DGROOT of DeleGate as a service on
Windows under the directory which is pointed to by "TEMP" environment
variable, which can be "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\delegate\" or so.
It will become customizable in the near future in version 9.

 ( _ )  National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology