Article delegate-en/3353 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: delegate proxy maxclient
04 Jul 2006 00:11:05 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

you "Rommel Catabian" <pcygqbdyi-6rjyzcihj63r.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |We are planning to setup socks proxy server using delegate.
 |How do we compute or whats the maximum number of clients (simultaneous) supported by delegate?

The maximum number of simultaneous incoming connections can be bound by
the maximum number of available simultaneous processes for each user
(the administrator of DeleGate service), available file-descriptors for
each process, width of select() system call supported by each host OS
and so on.  Typically it can be 64, 256, or so.

A DeleGate process is forked to relay each parallel connection of SOCKS
protocol to be relayed.  To avoid too many parallel processes to be created
(possibly by accident like a loop), DeleGate limits the maximum number to
64 as MAXIMA="delegated:64" by default.