Article delegate-en/3012 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Frequency Of POP Requests
09 Jul 2005 23:11:13 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)
The DeleGate Project

On 07/10/05(07:29) you "Maxwell Nairn Andrews" <maxwell.andrews1@btconnect..> wrote
in <_A3011@delegate-en.ML_>
 |I suppose my question should have been:
 |
 |How often does DELEGATE poll for new POP email messages when DELEGATE if
 |configured as a HTTP to POP gateway. Also, can the frequency of these POP
 |polls be changed.

DeleGate does not initiate polling to any server.  It gateways a
request from a (HTTP) client to a (POP) server, when a client send
a request to DeleGate.  Thus the only way to poll a new email message
is doing "Reload" on a HTTP client (browser).

In a usual HTTP proxy with cache, reloading might be ignored if without
"Pragma", "Cache-control" or "If-Modified-Since" header.  But in the
case of POP over HTTP gateway, no cache is applied thus any reloading
by a client makes a poll to new message.

So the question could be "how often a user of browser pushes the reload
button".  If so, you can automatically do it adding "Refresh" header in
HTTP response message to let the browser do refresh automatically and
periodically.