Article delegate-en/2867 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] fix for "FATAL: inherited handle [0] NNN is not socket" on Win32
25 Mar 2005 04:21:14 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)
The DeleGate Project

Since about three years ago, I've got many reports from users on Win32
that their DeleGate does not work leaving an error message

    "FATAL: inherited handle [0] NNN is not socket".

<URL:http://www.delegate.org/-fsx/search?key=FATAL+inherited&index=dgmlEn&sort=date>

As I wrote in <URL:http://www.delegate.org/mail-lists/delegate-en/2228>,
the problem seems to be caused when WinSock is replaced with a non-standard
and incomplete implementation, which does not support DuplicateHandle()
for socket.  Recently I found that the problem can be escaped by replacing
DuplicateHandle() with the pair of WSADuplicateSocket()+WSASocket().
So I did such modification and uploaded it as

    <URL:ftp://ftp.delegate.org/pub/DeleGate/dg8_11_2-pre2.zip>

I verified it to work with NetLimiter1.3 on WinXP and VirtualPC on MacOSX,
and hope that it will work in your situations too.