Article delegate-en/2798 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Disable Socks without authentication
19 Dec 2004 08:20:28 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)
The DeleGate Project

On 11/08/04(17:17) you Kostas Zourkas <zouk@..gr> wrote
in <_A2785@delegate-en.ML_>
 |i am trying to configure a socks 5 server with authentication from
 |Widowns 2000 Ldap using PAM.
 |
 |I have managed to configure the auth part, but the server is acting as
 |Socks 4, socks5, and socks 5 with authentication at the same time.
 |Is it possible to allow only socks5 with authentication to work?
 |Is there a directive to distinguih between the three?
 |
 |Here is my configuration:
 |
 |delegate -P10.1.1.1:1080 -vdT AUTHORIZER="-pam/test"
 |PERMIT="*:*:10.0.0.0/8" SERVER=socks OWNER=root ADMIN=test@test..
 |RESOLV=sys,file,dns

You can express a client which is "authenticated as user@host" as
"-a/user@host" in HostList.  Thus permitting only authenticated/authorized
users can be expressed like this:

  PREMIT="*:*:-a/*"

or it can be combined with access restriction based on host identity:

  PREMIT="*:*:10.0.0.0/8,&,-a/*"

See the reference manual for more details.
<URL:http://www.delegate.org/delegate/Manual.htm#HostList>