Article delegate-en/2761 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Building Delegate 8.10.0 Beta in OS/2
10 Oct 2004 22:48:22 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 10/10/04(04:26) you derek@decker.. wrote
in <_A2760@delegate-en.ML_>
 |I haven't built a new version of Delegate under OS/2 since version 8.8.7 -
 |with the announcement of the new version 8.10.0 I thought it would be
 |helpful to attempt a build here, and make some notes.  I am using the OS/2
 |EMX 0.9d, as always, and gcc -v reports version 2.8.1, so I had high
 |confidence of sucess.

I have resigned myself that DeleGate will not work on OS/2 after 9.10.0 :p

 |I noted the following errors:
 |
 |rary\windows.c - the function execvp() is defined at line 2900 as:
 |
 |      void execvp(char *path,char *argv[])
 |
 | which conflicts with the definition given in my standard include files as:
 |
 |      int execvp (__const__ char *, char * __const__ *);
 |
 | windows.c would not compile - I commented out the version of this function
 | in windows.c (so the build would use the version in the standard libraries)
 | and all appeared well.

I fixed it to follow the standard definition.
The local execvp() seems necessary for DeleGate to work to inherit sockets
from parent process to it children, at least on the OS/2 version on which
the initial porting was done by Mr. Ueno.

 |fsx\any2fdif.c - This file has calls to htonl(), but the includes specified don't include
 | that on my system, so at link time I got a symbol not found error.  I added
 | #include "vsocket.h" to the includes to fix this.
 |
 | Also, with OS/2 EMX, #include <sys/stat.h> should always be preceeded by
 | #include <sys/types.h>, so I corrected that as well while I was there.

I fixed it by including "vsocket.h" as you did.

 |src\ftp.c -      another symbol not found error, this time missing _setlinebuf.  Noted that
 | maker\setlinebuf.c was not building - the definition of setvbuf as given in
 | this file as:
 |
 |     int setvbuf(void*,void*,int,int);
 |
 | conflicts with my stdio.h, which has:
 |
 |     int setvbuf (FILE *, char *, int, size_t);
 |
 | I commmented out the definition of setvbuf in maker\setlinebuf.c, and the
 | compile went smoothly.

I fixed it by removing the local definition as you did.

 |I noted while running down the setlinebuf problem that maker\_-poll.c was
 |being built (and failing) - this is for systems that have a poll() function?
 |I'm not sure I have that - certainly there's no poll() defined in my include
 |files (that grep can find).  Should _-poll.c even be attempting to build here?

Files with name starting with "_-" means that "it might be used if it can be
compiled sucessfully", thus the failure is not problem.

I uploaded the current snapshot as 8.10.1-pre1 at
ftp://ftp.delegate.org/pub/DeleGate/beta/ directory, including fixes you
noted.  Thank you.