Article delegate-en/2739 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Delegate Proxy
01 Sep 2004 23:04:26 GMT "Wen Pei (Betty) Liu" <pwmfabdyi-6l3hgeaqghtr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hi,

I am a engineer at NASA's Ames Research Center's Advanced
Supercomputing Dvision located in Silicon Valley, CA. I am currently
researching for proxies for ssh and scp and am curious about Delegate
and its potential. I am hoping that I can get a better understanding
by asking some questions.

My basic situation is that I have a group of special computers that
remote users want to log into, of which I don't want to be exposed to
the outside world. So I am looking for a proxy/firewall that will act
as the filter of all these user login and file transfers. We would
also want to be able to enable secure ftp, scp from our target
servers to the client and back also in this setup.

The main idea is that we wanted users to feel like they were getting
transparent ssh/scp/sftp access to our network while actually having
a trusted box in the middle through which all access requests were
mediated.

Do you feel Delegate is an appropriate solution? What issues/concerns
do you have in mind? You have specified that it supports all TCP
protocols, which includes ssh, correct? Would users have to install
Delegate as a client side program? Are there other requirements on
the user side?

I truly appreciate all your help and time. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Wen(Betty) Liu
NASA Advanced Supercomputing Division
NASA Ames Research Center