Article delegate-en/2396 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: NNTP access via a HTTP -- FTP proxy
08 Sep 2003 13:49:07 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 09/08/03(18:11) you Gandhi Mukul <plmeqbdyi-aoufp52bo4dr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A2395@delegate-en.ML_>
 |   I am trying to setup a "NNTP to HTTP gateway" using Delegate. I access
 |internet using an internal proxy server(running on IP address say 'IP1' and
 |port 'port'). Our proxy server only allows HTTP and FTP protocols. So I
 |cannot send a NNTP request directly from our network. Can I achieve this
 |with Delegate? Eagerly waiting for some help. If its not possible, please
 |let me know..

First of all, if your organization does forbid to access outer
NNTP servers, you should not break the policy.
From a technical point of view, if your HTTP proxy server does
not forbid to use "SSL-Tunneling" to conntect to arbitrary port
other than 443, you can use it to relay any protocol including
NNTP through the proxy, using SSLTUNNEL parameter of DeleGate.