Article delegate-en/2393 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] How To DeleGate multiple names under one SSL cert
06 Sep 2003 12:12:26 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

Hi,

In message <_A2392@delegate-en.ML_>
on 09/04/03(02:14:10) you "Rich Deeming" <plaeqbdyi-ry4zqcnmvjvr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |I am trying to use DeleGate to allow me to create multiple host names
 |under domain.com using a single SSL cert registered under the name
 |ssl.domain.com.
 |
 |Using DeleGate, is there a way I can get around the Alert messages such as
 |this one from MS Exploder "The name on the security certificate is invalid
 |or does not match the name of the site."?

I'm not sure, if a certificate of an identitiy (a server in this case)
can be used for other identities, what does it certificate?

 |I would like to have correlating names to the secure services but going
 |through one certificate.
 |   https://mail.domain.com to access the SSL web mail server
 |   https://ftp.domain.com to the secure ftp server
 |I have one SSL certificate under the name ssl.domain.com.

I think those servers must be visible as if they are on "ssl.domain.com",
with another port or another path, like "https://ssl.domain.com:8025"
or "https://ssl.domain.com/mail/" for example.

 |https://mail.domain.com:443 --> FireWall NAT
 |   --> https://ssl.domain.com:443 --> DeleGate
 |   --> http://ssl.domain.com:80

I think the server name which is visible to clinets should be
"ssl.domain.com".