Article delegate-en/2329 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Can Delegate do this?
08 Jul 2003 10:55:12 GMT Commander Smutticus <pdeeqbdyi-pswtoc3vmstr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Is it possible for me to use Delegate to manage the state of a TCP connection?
I want to use PHP to poll a telnet connection.  My PHP script would post
data to delegated and get a response from telnetd.  This could be
over TCP or HTTP/TCP.  The socket between telnetd and delegated would be
a normal TCP socket.  While the socket between PHPscript and delegated
could only be initiated by PHPscript and would always consist of the
following series similar to HTTP 1.0:
1.  Setup by PHPscript
2.  Post from PHPscript
3.  Response from delegated
4.  Teardown

(PHPScript)---Stateless--->(delegated)<---TCP--->(telnetd)

More info:
I'm planning on writing a VoiceXML interface in PHP to some popular Multi
User Dungeons(MUDs) on the internet.  I wrote a prototype many months
ago that used www.phpzork.com as the MUD.  But that site has been down for
a long time now and I can't find any other stateless MUD's.

Thanks,
Smutt