Article delegate-en/2113 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: MASTER through proxy
06 Feb 2003 11:09:29 GMT phyeabdyi-b7qnormc2whr.ml@ml.delegate.org

It worked ^^

I don't know what I was doing wrong.. I tried all kinds of things but I
don't think I ever tried specifically putting "delegate" in the connect
parameter.
I then tried using a method like you suggested in
http://www.delegate.org/mail-lists/delegate-en/1981
because I need all the communication to be encrypted.
I now have

dg8_3_3.exe -f -v SERVER=tcprelay://masteraddr:8080 SSLTUNNEL=proxyaddr:8080
 -P678 FSV=sslway
I guess this is encrypting the raw data over the tcprelay and decrypting at
the other end where the delegate server sees the data as the proxy server
attempting a connection directly.
This seems to work fine, and presumably I can set the delegate at the other
end to proxy whatever I need.
Only problem seems to be that every connection from my applications opens a
new connection through the proxy, with ssl negotiation every time. This
doesn't really matter I suppose, but I just wonder why the delegate->master
delegate connection with sslway doesn't encrypt the first connection text?

Anyway.. What I have now is much better than what I was using before which
was one delegate as the proxy on my master machine, one on my client machine
to connect through the local proxy and a ssh to encrypt the data.. ^^;

Arigatou