Article delegate-en/1905 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Authorizer and ESMTP...
24 Sep 2002 20:29:27 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 09/23/02(15:26) you "Brandon Kho" <pamdqbdyi-t75q7lvbqdjr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A1903@delegate-en.ML_>
 |I am wondering if I turned on the authorizer for SMTP, is it equivalent
 |to ESMTP? If not, then what is the difference between the two?

SMTP-DeleGate server with AUTHORIZER parameter asks the authentication
of client in the way following RFC2554 (SMTP Service Extension for
Authentication), which follows ESMTP (RFC1869 - SMTP Service Extension).
Currently, only AUTH PLAIN and AUTH LOGIN are implemented.

SMTP-DeleGate as a SMTP client can send authentication (in AUTH PLAIN)
to a SMTP server if with a MYAUTH parameter is given.
See <URL:http://www.delegate.org/delegate/Manual.htm#MYAUTH> for more
details.