Article delegate-en/1895 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] IIS username with slash / character problem for ftp delegated
18 Sep 2002 19:37:14 GMT David Xu <pm4dqbdyi-ok6ijbmtffvr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

Hi Yutaka,

I like your delegated program. I've been testing it for while. Thank you
very much for your contribution.
Recently I got a FTP proxy problem for IIS username with slash (/).
One of our client has MS IIS with ftp server enabled. Their ftp userID is
domain ID,thus has this format: xxxx/xxxx.
The xxxx before forward slash (/) is their domain, after is username.
My Gauntlet proxy works fine with it, but I want to see if delegated works
so I will replace it.

On my workstation behind proxy, I typed:
ftp proxyserver
domainxxxx/userxxxx@serverxxxx

it wouldn't work, because of /
Same commands are accepted in Gauntlet proxy. / seems causing delegated to
cut the rest of line and discard.

I don't find solution in the manual. I've searched your mailing list, only
one similar was found, but not for / character.
The link is http://www.delegate.org/mail-lists/delegate-en/01152

I've searched google,too, but again, nothing similar to this. I run out of
option now.

I think it's common that IIS ftp server is configured using NT domain
account instead of IIS's local account, so / becomes a must to specify in
userID section.

Is there any special way or fix to pass this / character?

Thank you very much,
David Xu
NBF Toronto, IT Department

Financière Banque Nationale et NBCN n'assument
aucune responsabilité quant à la confidentialité et l'intégrité du
présent courriel en raison des risques d'interception inhérents à l'Internet.
Pour cette raison, toute opinion exprimée au terme des présentes
ne reflète pas nécessairement celle de Financière Banque Nationale
et de NBCN.
Due to the security risks involved in sending information over the
Internet, National Bank Financial  and NBCN can
not be held responsible for ensuring the confidentiality and integrity
of the present e-mail. For this reason, the opinions expressed herein
do not necessarily reflect those of National Bank Financial
and NBCN.