Article delegate-en/1870 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: How to access https server through NAT? why using port 137?
04 Sep 2002 14:28:45 GMT "Lynn Lantz" <puidabdyi-a5crcdvkzlbr.ml@ml.delegate.org>

		-----Original Message-----
		From: feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)@SUNGARD
		Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2002 8:19 PM
		To: feedback@delegate.org
		Cc: Lynn Lantz
		Subject: Re: How to access https server through NAT? why
using port 137?

		On 09/04/02(06:58) you "Lynn Lantz"
<puidabdyi-a5crcdvkzlbr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
		in
<_A1865@delegate-en.ML_>
		|I'm trying to access a https server where my internal
address is getting
		|translated by a network address/port translator before
going out to the
		|Internet.
		|Why are you sending a UDP request to port 137?
		|Why is the https server trying to ping you back?  The
firewall does not
		|allow incoming ping requests to any address.
		|Are you sending the internal IP address out to the
server?  This is an
		|internal/hidden address and should not go out over the
Internet.

		||Who do you mean by "you" ?  I don't know a situation
with such problems
		||when accessing to a HTTPS server.
		Sorry - I didn't mean for my language to sound
offensive.  What I meant by "you" was the Delegate program.  Our
firewall logs show that Delegate is sending a UDP packet to port 137 of
the server I am trying to send https GET request to. And then we see
that server trying to ping us back.  Why?  I didn't think that was any
part of the https specifications.

		|Any ideas on how to get Delegate to work in this
situation?  Thanks for
		|any help on this.

		||Any HTTP proxy including DeleGate will work as a HTTPS
proxy without
		||such problems.
	Is there some flag or setting I need to turn on to get this to
work when going through a NAT (network address translator)?
	Currently I'm using:
		delegated -P8080 SERVER=http SERVCONF=demand FSV=sslway
DGROOT=c:\progra~1\delegate ADMIN=myemailaddress
REMITTABLE=""+,https,https/5021"""
	Is there something I need to add to make it http(s) proxy?
	Thanks,
	Lynn.

		@ @ Yutaka Sato <y.sato@delegate.org>
http://www.delegate.org/y.sato/
		( - ) National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science
and Technology (AIST)