Article delegate-en/1863 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Win2k Server: FATAL: inherited handle [0] NNN is not socket
02 Sep 2002 15:43:06 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 08/26/02(23:09) you p74dabdyi-t75q7ls2qxjr.ml@ml.delegate.org wrote
in <_A1853@delegate-en.ML_>
 |Ok, I think I know what the problem is: VPN software called Aventail
 |Connect ( http://support.aventail.com/akb/article00158.html and
 |http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/faqs/apache_faq_WSADuplicateSocket ).  Both
 |machines that I tested DeleGate on have this client installed (but not
 |having been run since last boot, so the O'Reilly-documented problem seems
 |not to be the exact problem I was having).

Thank you for showing the appropriate document to understand the problem.

 |I tested on a machine that doesn't have Aventail and it seems to work... at
 |least there are no errors, fatal or otherwise... now I have to figure out
 |what command line parameters I need!
 |If you'd like any help further diagnosing the problem on the other two
 |machines for better compatibility, let me know.

Did you tested "Adding an Application (DeleGate) to the Aventail Connect
Application Exclusion List" ?
<URL:http://support.aventail.com/akb/article00586.html>

 |Below are logs of my final attempts on an Aventail machine, per your
 |requests.

Thank you, but since the problematic "shim" of Aventail seems to be
inserted beyond the WinSock interface as DLL, and in front of WinSock
implementation in kernel, my request to test DLL and kernel does not
make sense.