Article delegate-en/1861 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re:
31 Aug 2002 08:21:48 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 08/30/02(18:00) you p4edabdyi-bfkmicdvrc3r.ml@ml.delegate.org wrote
in <_A1857@delegate-en.ML_>
 |I know I ask delegate to authenticate users and it works fine :) !
 |
 |But, I have some problem after the first authentification, when I need to
 |access a secure web page that need its own authentification...See in the log,
 |I passed the authentification of delegate, but after, I didn't authorized to
 |access the page...
 |My wish is to access secure web pages through our delegate proxy using two
 |auth:one local (my delegate) and the remote.

There are two types of authentication defined in HTTP (see RFC2616,
<URL:http://www.delegate.org/net/ftp/ftp.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2616.txt>),
one for origin-server and another for proxy-server (Authorization and
Proxy-Authorization header).

Your case is very usual one, and till now I've never heard a problem
to use authorization and proxy-authorization simultaneously.
These two authorizations are asked by a browser like this (ex. by Mozilla6)

 1>Enter username and password for proxy at proxy:8080
 2>Enter username and password for "..." at origin:443

Moreover in this case, your authorization for remote server is
encrypted in SSL so that DeleGate never read or interpret it.
Thus DeleGate has nothing to do with the authorization with the
remote server over SSL.

Only one possibile case I can imagine where a problem occurs is
that the your remote server use (by mistake) "proxy-authorization" for
its authorization, which must not be used by by origin-server.