Article delegate-en/1709 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] ldap virtual server
25 Jun 2002 10:33:28 GMT "Mark Coleman" <pvudabdyi-ctnqxdw4mb3r.ml@ml.delegate.org>

I am in the process of evaluating delegate for use in a number of
situations. I have successfully configured it as a simple proxy that relays
non-SSL ldap client requests to/from an SSL-ldap server. That all went very
well once the relevant certificates were in place.

I am now looking at the problem:

Is it possible to configure delegate in such a way as to present a single
virtual ldap server to a number of real ldap servers? If this is possible,
how are ldap requests distributed amongst the real servers (round-robin
etc)?

Cheers,
Mark

Mark Coleman
Software Engineer
Critical Path
Springwood Court
Springwood Way
Tytherington Business Park
Macclesfield
SK10 2XF
United Kingdom
+44 0000 00000F (Direct)
+44 0000 00000F (Fax)
pvudabdyi-ctnqxdw4mb3r.ml@ml.delegate.org
www.cp.net

Critical Path
A global leader in Internet communications