Article delegate-en/1705 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: refresh file on a cache
19 Jun 2002 17:46:59 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

Hi,

On 06/19/02(07:04) you "michel.guilhem" <pradabdyi-ctnqxdrqmb3r.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A1701@delegate-en.ML_>
 |Thank you for the response , i think that i develop a script to detect on a
 |origin server the changes .

What kind of detection does the script do?

 |I put the changes on the directory of my delegate , restart this with
 |expire=0 and do a ls -l on the subdirectory changed .
 |then restart with expire=1d .
 |With this manner i realize a push .

Do you mean "refresh" by "push" ?

 |But this push needs access to the origin server and to the delegate .

How do you access to the origin server?  Anyway, I think you need
to access to the origin server to detect modifications.

But you need not to restart DeleGate to refresh a directory cache.
A special FTP command "CWD .", which is issued by "cd ." command in
in usual ftp clients, disables reading cache (toggle).  So a command
sequence "cd ." and "ls -l" will refresh the directory cache.