Article delegate-en/1703 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: File clean up!
18 Jun 2002 22:25:44 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 06/19/02(07:09) you "Ken Godee" <pfmdabdyi-ctnqxdr3eb3r.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <_A1702@delegate-en.ML_>
 |I just hate to go around wiping out files.........
 |
 |I have several directories that have alot of files built up in them
 |and would like to clean them up a little.
 |The ones that seem ok to wipe out.....

 |"/log" has over 2500 files mostly 0 bites and have file names like
 |0
 |0.1
 |0.1.1
 |0.1.1.1
 |etc.

 |"/tmp" has about 150 files all null bite

 |"/work/192.168.1.1:53/" has about 150 null bite files.

 |Does anyone know if these are ok to delete or what rule of
 |thumb should one use for clean up, I'd like to write a little cron job
 |to keep these dir's cleaned up.

Basically, any file created by DeleGate can be removed any time without
serious effect on the behavior of DeleGate.

But what should be done is not to create such files or to remove them
automatically.  At least, it is not usual situation and I've not heard
such problem.  So, to fix the problem, I need the name of your OS,
version of DeleGate, and configuration parameters.