Articles delegate-en/1680-1740 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
range 1680 - 1740   digest:
Broken headers in '304 Not Modified (cached)'
  06/10-08:23 . 1680  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [18]
___ Thank you, I will fix the broken Date header for the 304 response. Also the filtering some entity-headers should/must be done following the HTTP/1.1 specification, but I'm not sure the implementatio
  06/10-13:36 . 1681  SHIMIZU Fumiyuki <prmdabdyi-ctnqxdr3eb3r.ml@ml.delegate.org> [20]
___ Hi Yutaka-san, I'm looking forward to the next release. I'd be happy if you decide to remove the entity-headers in this situation, since some unwise cell phones get choked waiting for the "empty" bo
  06/10-15:15 . 1682  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [23]
___ Domo Shimizu-san, I see. Hearing such concrete reason I'm hardly driven to follow the specification (^^) I will fix it. Thank you. Cheers, Yutaka @ @ Yutaka Sato <y.sato@delegate.org> http://www.del
FTP over SSL
  06/11-07:25 . 1683  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [228]
___ Hi, Sorry, I noticed the patch does nothing because it sends PBSZ+PROT without SSL encoding on control-connection after AUTH TLS. I made a new patch which might work. Since I have no client/server i
refresh a cache when a file is updated on the ftp origin server
  06/11-21:43 . 1684  Steffen Kaiser <pcmdabdyi-ctnqxdr3eb3r.ml@ml.delegate.org> [29]
___ ^^^!!! Well, the cache must open a connection to the remote server in order to verify that the file hasn't change; the only thing the cache shouldn't do is to actually tranfer the data of the file.
Question: HTTP proxy server -> sending IP adress to server
  06/11-22:48 . 1685  jetteb <psudabdyi-ctnqxdr3eb3r.ml@ml.delegate.org> [16]
___ Hi! I'm very please about Delegate! It's a very good Proxy server! I'm considering changing our proxy software to this one! I'm using Netscape Proxy Server as a transparent HTTP server for now. I wa
delegate: nntp server to http client
  06/12-04:44 . 1686  Brian Vaughan <psydabdyi-ctnqxdr3eb3r.ml@ml.delegate.org> [89]
___ am trying to use deletage to serve news from a Netscape Collabra news server, to http clients. I use the command: delegated -P8080 SERVER=http MOUNT="/news/* nntp://web.fame.com/*". Delegate starts
  06/12-09:00 . 1687  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [45]
___ A possible situation is that the response format to LIST or GROUP command are not recognizable by DeleGate. Could you show me the formats by manually getting it like follows ? % telnet web.fame.com
  06/12-23:25 . 1688  Brian Vaughan <psydabdyi-ctnqxdr3eb3r.ml@ml.delegate.org> [78]
___ Thanks for your response. This is the result: telnet web.fame.com 119 Trying 192.88.65.56... Connected to web. Escape character is '^]'. 200 web.fame.com Netscape-Collabra/3.52 17222 NNRP ready (pos
Delegate spins cpu to 100% on Win2k Server boot
  06/13-02:10 . 1689  Jeff Frost <ppqdabdyi-ctnqxdr3eb3r.ml@ml.delegate.org> [40]
___ FYI, The fix was switching to +=file to load the configuration. It seems that delegate has a problem when it tries to load its config from an http server which has not yet begun listening on port 80
  06/13-12:17 . 1690  ptidabdyi-ctnqxdr3eb3r.ml@ml.delegate.org [132]
___ Dear Sir, I run Delegate/7.9.5 as a SOCKS5 proxy for the use of ICQ connection in my network, and The following is my configuration: /usr/local/delegate/src/delegated -P61.20.0.5:1080 ADMIN=allen@id
DeleGate/7.9.6 -- fixes for MOUNT, AUTH TLS for FTP, udprelay, etc.
  06/14-01:19 . 1691  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [30]
___ Dear DeleGate users, I inform you of the new release of DeleGate available as follows: SITE: ftp://ftp.delegate.org/pub/DeleGate/ FILE: delegate7.9.6.tar.{gz,bz2} DATE: Jun 14 00:58 JST 2002 TAR-SIZ
delegate: nntp server to http client
  06/15-23:54 . 1692  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [53]
___ Hi, Did you tested it from the host of DeleGate? Nothing seems bad in the result. But a possible situation is that your DeleGate's host can get LIST from the server, while are prohibited to do GROUP
Delegate spins cpu to 100% on Win2k Server boot
  06/16-01:05 . 1693  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [30]
___ Hi, I made a case where DeleGate as a service on Win32 spins cpu to 100%. 1) start DeleGate as a service like this 2) edit the registory of the DeleGate service to remove ADMIN parameter 3) stop and
delegate: nntp server to http client
  06/18-04:47 . 1694  Brian Vaughan <psydabdyi-ctnqxdr3eb3r.ml@ml.delegate.org> [131]
___ More info: Here is another sample, which shows the effect that issueing 'mode reader' has on the 'group' command. I hope i am on the right track. calypso:/user/cvsuser> telnet web nntp Trying 192.88
  06/18-05:08 . 1695  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [53]
___ Hi, on 06/18/02(04:46:47) I see. It is usual access restriction in INN (InterNetNews) and it seems to have been inherited to Netscape-Collabra. DeleGate automatically issues "MODE READER" when the s
  06/18-06:57 . 1696  Brian Vaughan <psydabdyi-ctnqxdr3eb3r.ml@ml.delegate.org> [71]
___ That was it! The patch works fine. Thank you so much for your time *** Brian Vaughan Corporate Webmaster, Web Services FAME Information Services, Inc. 325 E. Eisenhower Parkway, Suite #301 Ann Arbor
DeleGate/7.9.7 -- fixes for Win32 service and AUTHORIZER cache
  06/18-12:45 . 1697  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [25]
___ Dear DeleGate users, I inform you of the new release of DeleGate available as follows: SITE: ftp://ftp.delegate.org/pub/DeleGate/ FILE: delegate7.9.7.tar.{gz,bz2} DATE: Jun 18 12:34 JST 2002 TAR-SIZ
How to get rid of automatic startup question?
  06/19-01:02 . 1698  "Lynn Lantz" <puidabdyi-ctnqxdr3eb3r.ml@ml.delegate.org> [198]
___ When I start delegate (Win XP pro) using: delegate -P8080 SERVER=http FSV=sslway DGROOT=c:\delegate ADMIN=myemailaddress it stops and asks a question about whether I want this service to automatical
  06/19-01:10 . 1699  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [22]
___ Adding the following parameter will do. SERVCONF=auto This is not in any document, sorry. Cheers, Yutaka @ @ Yutaka Sato <y.sato@delegate.org> http://www.delegate.org/y.sato/ ( - ) National Institut
refresh file on a cache
  06/19-06:01 . 1700  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [46]
___ Hi, This works when a HTTP client accesses to a HTTP server via DeleGate as a HTTP proxy, because the mechanism "If-Modified-Since" (do real transfer only when the original data is modified since th
  06/19-07:04 . 1701  "michel.guilhem" <pradabdyi-ctnqxdr3eb3r.ml@ml.delegate.org> [61]
___ Le Mardi 18 Juin 2002 23:01, vous avez crit : Thank you for the response , i think that i develop a script to detect on a origin server the changes . I put the changes on the directory of my delegat
File clean up!
  06/19-07:09 . 1702  "Ken Godee" <pfmdabdyi-ctnqxdr3eb3r.ml@ml.delegate.org> [22]
___ I just hate to go around wiping out files... I have several directories that have alot of files built up in them and would like to clean them up a little. The ones that seem ok to wipe out... "/log"
  06/19-07:25 . 1703  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [37]
___ Basically, any file created by DeleGate can be removed any time without serious effect on the behavior of DeleGate. But what should be done is not to create such files or to remove them automaticall
  06/19-08:22 . 1704  "Ken Godee" <pfmdabdyi-ctnqxdr3eb3r.ml@ml.delegate.org> [102]
___ I'm running Rh 7.1 , Delegate 7.9.2 Below you'll find my config files. This problem with the EXTRA files may of been my fault and nothing to do with Delegate. I'm using monitoring software to check
refresh file on a cache
  06/20-02:46 . 1705  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [32]
___ Hi, What kind of detection does the script do? Do you mean "refresh" by "push" ? How do you access to the origin server? Anyway, I think you need to access to the origin server to detect modificatio
ICQ via SOCKS-DeleGate
  06/20-16:17 . 1706  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [34]
___ Hi, This configuration seems confused because while configuring as a SOCKS-server with SERVER=socks, it is referring itself as a SOCKS-client with SOCKS=(myself). This SOCKS=... parameter must be re
how to restrict the access to several site?
  06/24-23:37 . 1707  pvmdabdyi-ctnqxdr3eb3r.ml@ml.delegate.org [4]
___ Hello, is it possible to restrict access to some website with delegate ? like with a string (word) or a black list?
DeleGate/7.9.8 -- fixes for SMTP and HTTP, extensions of HOSTLIST and HTTPCONF, etc.
  06/25-11:53 . 1708  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [29]
___ Dear DeleGate users, I inform you of the new release of DeleGate available as follows: SITE: ftp://ftp.delegate.org/pub/DeleGate/ FILE: delegate7.9.8.tar.{gz,bz2} DATE: Jun 25 10:45 JST 2002 TAR-SIZ
ldap virtual server
  06/25-19:33 . 1709  "Mark Coleman" <pvudabdyi-ctnqxdr3eb3r.ml@ml.delegate.org> [35]
___ I am in the process of evaluating delegate for use in a number of situations. I have successfully configured it as a simple proxy that relays non-SSL ldap client requests to/from an SSL-ldap server.
Load balancing among multiple servers (Re: ldap virtual server)
  06/26-04:42 . 1710  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [133]
___ Does those LDAP servers serve the same contents? Do you intend to distribute load on those machines? If so, you can use round-robin for hostname/ip-addresses resolution by HOSTS="*/*/RR". The pseudo
  06/26-19:08 . 1711  "Mark Coleman" <pvudabdyi-ctnqxdr3eb3r.ml@ml.delegate.org> [149]
___ Thanks for the prompt response. I'll apply the patch and give it a try. Cheers, Mark "Yutaka Sato" <feedback@delegate.org> wrote in message news:<_A1710@delegate-en.ML_>... relays very single possib
Is there any feature to add support for new auth method?
  06/28-16:08 . 1712  Wu Zhou <pwadabdyi-ctnqxdr3eb3r.ml@ml.delegate.org> [14]
___ I wish to add a new authentication method, such as radius or windows domain authentication to DeleGate proxy. How can I do it? Thanks in advance. W.Zhou ___ Do You Yahoo!? Yahoo! - Official partner
DeleGate/7.9.9 -- extensions for HTTP, -r option, etc.
  06/28-17:46 . 1713  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)
___ Dear DeleGate users, I inform you of the new release of DeleGate available as follows: SITE: ftp://ftp.delegate.org/pub/DeleGate/ FILE: delegate7.9.9.tar.{gz,bz2} DATE: Jun 28 17:21 JST 2002 TAR-SIZ
unassigned port
  06/30-01:59 . 1714  "Ankur" <pwidabdyi-ctnqxdr3eb3r.ml@ml.delegate.org> [65]
___ Dear Sir, How do I open access to unassigned ports such as port 6080 and other gaming ports. I am having some problems with my client machines to access sites using applets. If you goto http://chann
Minor OS/2 Build qibble for Delegate 7.9.9
  06/30-11:41 . 1715  pzmbabdyi-ctnqxdr3eb3r.ml@ml.delegate.org [25]
___ I just finished building Delegate 7.9.9 on OS/2, and only ran into one small problem. Line 48 of pds/md5/Makefile is missing a tab character after the':' which my version of make does not like. Addi
  06/30-13:49 . 1716  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [32]
___ Hi Derek, Thank you for your notice, I'll fix it so in the next release. I never think it a small thing. Beeing build without any change on any platform is an important commitment of DeleGate. Sprea
broken post-response with http/1.0 keep-alive
  07/01-01:14 . 1717  "Marc Pohl" <pwudabdyi-ctnqxdr3eb3r.ml@ml.delegate.org> [58]
___ Hi Yutaka, I have observed a strange problem with delegate while posting a page in our cms. if i submit a page the result of the post-action is reproducible an emtpy page (no content after headers).
  07/01-03:27 . 1718  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [23]
___ Hi Marc, I think the relevant log in LOGFILE records what happend. If you could show me the log with following parameters, which adds what is sent among client/server into log, will give us more inf
Antwort: Re: [DeleGate-En] broken post-response with http/1.0 keep-alive
  07/01-05:30 . 1719  "Marc Pohl" <pwudabdyi-ctnqxdr3eb3r.ml@ml.delegate.org> [316]
___ Hi Yutaka, thank you for your quick response. I have tried to get the detailed logfiles from delegate, but i discovered a strange effect. If I activate both FCL and FSV the server is very slow, but
broken post-response with http/1.0 keep-alive
  07/01-05:33 . 1720  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [27]
___ The difference between behaviors of DeleGate for HTTP/1.0 Keep-Alive and HTTP/1.1 is that, only in former case DeleGate does buffering of response message to make sure the length of response message
Antwort: Re: [DeleGate-En] broken post-response with http/1.0 keep-alive
  07/01-05:57 . 1721  "Marc Pohl" <pwudabdyi-ctnqxdr3eb3r.ml@ml.delegate.org> [80]
___ Hi Yukata, i have placed a additional sv1log() call at the beginning HTTP_putMIMEmsg() and started delegated with -vv This experiment shows that the function HTTP_putMIMEmsg() is not even called if
  07/01-07:43 . 1722  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [29]
___ Marc, Yes, I was reminded, after I sent the former message, that DeleGate disables Keep-Alive for POST method, thus the function is not called. Could you show me the error case with FTOCL=-tee-n ? I
  07/01-09:15 . 1723  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [59]
___ Marc, Adding filters like FCL or FTOCL has side effect that disables Keep-Alive. Therefore if your problem become unreproducible with FTOCL, the implementation of Keep-Alive of DeleGate become (more
broken post-response with http/1.0 keep-alive
  07/01-20:15 . 1724  "Marc Pohl" <pwudabdyi-ctnqxdr3eb3r.ml@ml.delegate.org> [33]
___ Hi Yukata, It's the same effect like with FCL. All runs fine after this. I think the explanation for this behaviour is the line "HCKA:[0] closed -- x:external filter" in the log. The client-keep-ali
Antwort: Re: [DeleGate-En] broken post-response with http/1.0 keep-alive
  07/01-21:19 . 1725  "Marc Pohl" <pwudabdyi-ctnqxdr3eb3r.ml@ml.delegate.org> [24]
___ Hi Yutaka, your posting 1723 didn't reach me by mail, so i'm bit late ;-) I have added the fflush(RX_tcp) in putChunk() and my test show no further errors. i will update the production server to see
ICQ via SOCKS-DeleGate
  07/01-23:02 . 1726  ptidabdyi-ctnqxdr3eb3r.ml@ml.delegate.org [265]
___ Dear Sir, With your assistance, I have changed some configuration and that works for the source IP only from my network . (61.20.0.0/28) The configuration is as follows: delegated -P61.20.0.5:1080 A
Antwort: Re: [DeleGate-En] broken post-response with http/1.0 keep-alive
  07/02-06:38 . 1727  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [54]
___ Hi Marc, Sorry, I'm sending you this message by mail this time. But the quick fix is not desirable because it will split a response data into more packets. From your experiment, I think the problem
Antwort: Re: [DeleGate-En] Antwort: Re: [DeleGate-En] broken post-response with http/1.0 keep-alive
  07/02-21:15 . 1728  "Marc Pohl" <pwudabdyi-ctnqxdr3eb3r.ml@ml.delegate.org> [36]
___ Hi Yutaka, Ethereal shows, that in our case the header and the body of the post-request where definitly split in separate packets. I have tried this patch and it looks very good (yes, the former pat
Setting SERVCONF to no automatically
  07/02-22:39 . 1729  "Lynn Lantz" <puidabdyi-ctnqxdr3eb3r.ml@ml.delegate.org> [232]
___ I wrote earlier how to get rid of the "set automatic start on system startup" question when starting the service automatically from a program. You said to use the SERVCONF parameter set to Auto. Tha
Antwort: Re: [DeleGate-En] Antwort: Re: [DeleGate-En] broken post-response with http/1.0 keep-alive
  07/02-22:47 . 1730  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [53]
___ Hi Marc, And after you applied my patch, the post-response message became not split but sent in a packet. Also applying FTOCL to response message causes the same effect. Can I understand so? Unneces
Setting SERVCONF to no automatically
  07/02-23:25 . 1731  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [49]
___ Hi, SERVCONF=demand will do. Windows names those "start types" as "auto" and "demand". There is no parameter to do so, that is to delete existing one before start when it exists, without interaction
  07/03-00:00 . 1732  "Lynn Lantz" <puidabdyi-ctnqxdr3eb3r.ml@ml.delegate.org> [202]
___ Excellent. Thanks for the quick reply. Thanks, Lynn lynn.lantz@sungard.. ---Original Message--- From: feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)@SUNGARD Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 10:24 AM To: feedback@d
Antwort: Re: [DeleGate-En] Antwort: Re: [DeleGate-En] Antwort: Re: [DeleGate-En] broken post-response with http/1.0 keep-alive
  07/03-02:47 . 1733  "Marc Pohl" <pwudabdyi-ctnqxdr3eb3r.ml@ml.delegate.org> [80]
___ Hi Yutaka, I don't think that msie is the problem. As i mentioned in my first mail, the body is not even send to the client. To illustrate this i have analyzed the network traffic of the different v
  07/03-03:58 . 1734  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [46]
___ Hi Marc, I thought it is because the TCP connection is aborted reset from the client (IE) side immediately after a header is received, and before DeleGate flushes the body onto the connection. Then
Antwort: Re: [DeleGate-En] Antwort: Re: [DeleGate-En] Antwort: Re: [DeleGate-En] Antwort: Re: [DeleGate-En] broken post-response with http/1.0 keep-alive
  07/03-05:04 . 1735  "Marc Pohl" <pwudabdyi-ctnqxdr3eb3r.ml@ml.delegate.org> [52]
___ Hi Yutaka, you wrote But i see no tcp-RST-packet from client if i use "Follow TCP Stream" in ethereal. The only RST packet goes from the server to the client. The time-difference between the HTTP-he
  07/03-16:01 . 1736  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [36]
___ Hi Marc, I can imagine two possible situation where the data fed to fwrite() via putChunk() is not sent out to the client, as you said in the first mail. The data fed to fwrite() is put to FILE buff
ICQ via SOCKS-DeleGate
  07/04-06:36 . 1737  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [39]
___ Maybe the DeleGate has its default access restriction which allows access only from "61.*.*.*", thus you need to add access permission with RELIABLE="61.20.0.0/28,211.73.128.0/25" or so. If you see
icap 1.0
  07/05-16:42 . 1738  "=?iso-8859-1?Q?juan_ramon_casta=F1os_villacieros?=" <pzidabdyi-ctnqxdr3eb3r.ml@ml.delegate.org> [30]
___ it's possible ICAP support?? http://www.bell-labs.com/project/ICAP/
Problem for FTP proxy and data connection
  07/05-18:23 . 1739  pzmdabdyi-ctnqxdr3eb3r.ml@ml.delegate.org [92]
___ Hi, I'm trying to setup a couple of ftp proxy with delegate. I've compiled it on two linux box (a RedHat 7.2 and an old Debian 2.0). I'm having trouble making it work with data connection, because I
  07/05-19:45 . 1740  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [45]
___ The error shows that your DeleGate is running with non-privileged user. OWNER=root is necessary to be privileged. What error has been logged with the OWNER=root ? And to be effective without problem
Generated:01/27 05:11:35 (2 sec) Expires:01/27 11:11:33 @_@V