Article delegate-en/1661 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: Delegate spins cpu to 100% on Win2k Server boot
04 Jun 2002 16:10:23 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

Hi,

On 06/04/02(01:31) you Jeff Frost <ppqdabdyi-uzuopjf6eghr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <Pine.LNX.4.44.0206030929070.30000-00000X@entropy.digitalpipe.net>
 |I've noticed an odd problem with the 7.9.[45] versions of Delegate.  If I set

You mean only 7.9.[45] have the problem?  If so, the cause can be around
DNS server because I did a modification relevant to DNS for Win32 in 7.9.4.

 |it up as a service on a Win2k Server machine, it works fine until the server
 |is rebooted.  When the delegate service comes up on boot, it spins the CPU to
 |100%.  Restarting the service fixes the problem, but it seems odd that this
 |happens.  I am feeding the service the config file via local IIS server which
 |might not be started when delegate starts up.  Do you think this could cause

You mean feeding it like "+=http://server/dg.cnf" or so?
If it is causing the problem, it will be fixed by feeding it locally
as "+=file:C:/dg.cnf"

 |such behavior?  My other theory is that the local dns server has not started
 |which delegate presumably needs working as well.  Any ideas would be much
 |appreciated.

Tell me the problem is reproducible or not, and please show me the
LOGFILE if it records something odd at the start up time on reboot.