Articles delegate-en/1660-1716 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
range 1660 - 1716   digest:
Delegate spins cpu to 100% on Win2k Server boot
  06/04-01:31 . 1660  Jeff Frost <ppqdabdyi-gfjtcvrrvzfr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [16]
  Hi there, I've noticed an odd problem with the 7.9.[45] versions of Delegate. If I set it up as a service on a Win2k Server machine, it works fine until the server is rebooted. When the delegate ser
  06/05-01:10 . 1661  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [32]
  Hi, You mean only 7.9.[45] have the problem? If so, the cause can be around DNS server because I did a modification relevant to DNS for Win32 in 7.9.4. You mean feeding it like "+=http://server/dg.c
  06/05-01:32 . 1662  "Andrei Chiriaev" <ppydabdyi-gfjtcvrrvzfr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [32]
  Dear Yutaka, "Delegate" is a wonderful and flexible tool that I am intensively appreciating. Nonetheless, I have recently encountered an operational context in which the WWW application that I am in
Re:
  06/05-01:55 . 1663  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [34]
  Hi, Could you tell me how (with what configuration parameters) you set the DeleGate as a reverse proxy? If the "sprintf" is that in the function, you seem to access the DeleGate with "http://delegat
Delegate spins cpu to 100% on Win2k Server boot
  06/05-15:35 . 1664  Jeff Frost <ppqdabdyi-gfjtcvrrvzfr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [48]
  It's 100% reproducible for me with 7.9.4 and 7.9.5. I have not tried another version yet. As I mentioned it only happens on Win2k boot, so testing it is rather unpleasant as I have to bring the mult
delegate like proxy-ftp with cache
  06/05-16:02 . 1665  "proxyadmin" <pqedabdyi-gfjtcvrrvzfr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [9]
  I want to use delegate like a proxy ftp so i do the following command delegate -v -P21 SERVER="ftp://iporiginserver:21" CACHE="do" EXPIRE="120secs" CRON="0 * * * * -Fexpire /pathcache -rm -atime -su
  06/05-17:44 . 1666  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [26]
  I'm not sure what is the problem with the configuration. If the problem is that the cached data is not removed after 120 seconds, it should be like this: CRON="* * * * * -expire 120s" The left most
Delegate - ftp - fork function failed
  06/05-19:11 . 1667  "Filip Van de Velde" <pqmdabdyi-gfjtcvrrvzfr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [22]
  Hello, I am using an older version of delegate(7.3.x) as an ftp proxy with sslway in front of it. Recently we had a few times a problem with the child processes. The Delegate's logging says (multipl
re delegate like proxy-ftp with cache
  06/05-22:46 . 1668  "proxyadmin" <pqedabdyi-gfjtcvrrvzfr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [49]
  Thanks for the reponse , but is it possible to clean up with this cron every five minutes ?For example with the following syntax delegate -v -P21 SERVER="ftp://iporiginserver:21" CACHE="do" CRON="0-
Re:
  06/06-00:45 . 1669  "Andrei Chiriaev" <ppydabdyi-gfjtcvrrvzfr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [74]
  Yutaka, I have identified the "real" problem causing the disruption in my integration process. Several of my "MOUNT" rules refer to "/-", "/-/*" patterns. This was done to exclude the DELAGATE's "ad
re delegate like proxy-ftp with cache
  06/06-07:04 . 1670  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [54]
  Did you try "every minutes" by "*" ? Could you tell me why you like complex "-Fexpire /pathcache ..." notation (which must incldue -atime +N) instead of simple "-expire N" ? It must be like CRON="0,
Delegate - ftp - fork function failed
  06/06-07:26 . 1671  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [26]
  Is the message literally as this ? If so, it is not a message generated by DeleGate. It can be one from your shell forking the filter program or so. Unix systems provide system calls to limit availa
refresh file on a cache
  06/07-14:32 . 1672  "michel.guilhem" <pradabdyi-gfjtcvrrvzfr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [11]
  How to be sure that a file on the delegate cache is fresh like the same file on a server ? The icp protocol verify this beetwen caches , my purpose is to verify this beetwen a cache and a server ( f
  06/07-14:41 . 1673  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [24]
  EXPIRE=0 will do. With this, on each request from client, DeleGate always (0 seconds after the data is cached) asks the server if the cached data is fresh or no (using If-Modified-Since header). Che
Re:
  06/07-16:51 . 1674  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [26]
  Could you tell me why and how you did it? Consistently rewriting any URLs in HTTP headers, including the url- path in Set-Cookie, as well as rewriting URLs in HTML text in HTTP body, is necessary to
Broken headers in '304 Not Modified (cached)'
  06/07-17:07 . 1675  SHIMIZU Fumiyuki <prmdabdyi-gfjtcvrrvzfr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [28]
  Hi there, I found that http headers were corrupted when DeleGate returned '304 Not Modified (cached),' and hacked DeleGate 7.9.5 quickly. Please fix them formally. --- snip --- --- http.c.~1~ Fri Ma
refresh a cache when a file is updated on the ftp origin server
  06/08-00:37 . 1676  "michel.guilhem" <pradabdyi-gfjtcvrrvzfr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [38]
  |How to be sure that a file on the delegate cache is fresh like the same EXPIRE=0 will do. With this, on each request from client, DeleGate always (0 seconds after the data is cached) asks the serve
Re:
  06/08-00:53 . 1677  "Andrei Chiriaev" <ppydabdyi-gfjtcvrrvzfr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [62]
  Yutaka, With the default Delegate configuration accessing URLs of the form : "http://[ip]/-/" will output an administration screen providing utilities such "Server Administration" and "Client Set-up
refresh file on a cache
  06/09-17:30 . 1678  michel <pradabdyi-gfjtcvrrvzfr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [64]
  I'm a newbie , my question is basic but i'm blocked by this . Please help me , i have to defend Delegate's solution in my organisation and the first step is to responds to this demand (with a ftp -
Re:
  06/10-07:57 . 1679  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [25]
  To hide the builtin data, the following will do. MOUNT="/-/* = rcode=404" You may need builtin icons when you are using DeleGate as a HTTP proxy with gatewaying to non-HTTP protocols. Add the follow
Broken headers in '304 Not Modified (cached)'
  06/10-08:23 . 1680  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [18]
  Thank you, I will fix the broken Date header for the 304 response. Also the filtering some entity-headers should/must be done following the HTTP/1.1 specification, but I'm not sure the implementatio
  06/10-13:36 . 1681  SHIMIZU Fumiyuki <prmdabdyi-gfjtcvrrvzfr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [20]
  Hi Yutaka-san, I'm looking forward to the next release. I'd be happy if you decide to remove the entity-headers in this situation, since some unwise cell phones get choked waiting for the "empty" bo
  06/10-15:15 . 1682  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [23]
  Domo Shimizu-san, I see. Hearing such concrete reason I'm hardly driven to follow the specification (^^) I will fix it. Thank you. Cheers, Yutaka @ @ Yutaka Sato <y.sato@delegate.org> http://www.del
FTP over SSL
  06/11-07:25 . 1683  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [228]
  Hi, Sorry, I noticed the patch does nothing because it sends PBSZ+PROT without SSL encoding on control-connection after AUTH TLS. I made a new patch which might work. Since I have no client/server i
refresh a cache when a file is updated on the ftp origin server
  06/11-21:43 . 1684  Steffen Kaiser <pcmdabdyi-gfjtcvrrvzfr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [29]
  ^^^!!! Well, the cache must open a connection to the remote server in order to verify that the file hasn't change; the only thing the cache shouldn't do is to actually tranfer the data of the file.
Question: HTTP proxy server -> sending IP adress to server
  06/11-22:48 . 1685  jetteb <psudabdyi-gfjtcvrrvzfr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [16]
  Hi! I'm very please about Delegate! It's a very good Proxy server! I'm considering changing our proxy software to this one! I'm using Netscape Proxy Server as a transparent HTTP server for now. I wa
delegate: nntp server to http client
  06/12-04:44 . 1686  Brian Vaughan <psydabdyi-gfjtcvrrvzfr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [89]
  am trying to use deletage to serve news from a Netscape Collabra news server, to http clients. I use the command: delegated -P8080 SERVER=http MOUNT="/news/* nntp://web.fame.com/*". Delegate starts
  06/12-09:00 . 1687  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [45]
  A possible situation is that the response format to LIST or GROUP command are not recognizable by DeleGate. Could you show me the formats by manually getting it like follows ? % telnet web.fame.com
  06/12-23:25 . 1688  Brian Vaughan <psydabdyi-gfjtcvrrvzfr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [78]
  Thanks for your response. This is the result: telnet web.fame.com 119 Trying 192.88.65.56... Connected to web. Escape character is '^]'. 200 web.fame.com Netscape-Collabra/3.52 17222 NNRP ready (pos
Delegate spins cpu to 100% on Win2k Server boot
  06/13-02:10 . 1689  Jeff Frost <ppqdabdyi-gfjtcvrrvzfr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [40]
  FYI, The fix was switching to +=file to load the configuration. It seems that delegate has a problem when it tries to load its config from an http server which has not yet begun listening on port 80
  06/13-12:17 . 1690  ptidabdyi-gfjtcvrrvzfr.ml@ml.delegate.org [132]
  Dear Sir, I run Delegate/7.9.5 as a SOCKS5 proxy for the use of ICQ connection in my network, and The following is my configuration: /usr/local/delegate/src/delegated -P61.20.0.5:1080 ADMIN=allen@id
DeleGate/7.9.6 -- fixes for MOUNT, AUTH TLS for FTP, udprelay, etc.
  06/14-01:19 . 1691  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [30]
  Dear DeleGate users, I inform you of the new release of DeleGate available as follows: SITE: ftp://ftp.delegate.org/pub/DeleGate/ FILE: delegate7.9.6.tar.{gz,bz2} DATE: Jun 14 00:58 JST 2002 TAR-SIZ
delegate: nntp server to http client
  06/15-23:54 . 1692  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [53]
  Hi, Did you tested it from the host of DeleGate? Nothing seems bad in the result. But a possible situation is that your DeleGate's host can get LIST from the server, while are prohibited to do GROUP
Delegate spins cpu to 100% on Win2k Server boot
  06/16-01:05 . 1693  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [30]
  Hi, I made a case where DeleGate as a service on Win32 spins cpu to 100%. 1) start DeleGate as a service like this 2) edit the registory of the DeleGate service to remove ADMIN parameter 3) stop and
delegate: nntp server to http client
  06/18-04:47 . 1694  Brian Vaughan <psydabdyi-gfjtcvrrvzfr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [131]
  More info: Here is another sample, which shows the effect that issueing 'mode reader' has on the 'group' command. I hope i am on the right track. calypso:/user/cvsuser> telnet web nntp Trying 192.88
  06/18-05:08 . 1695  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [53]
  Hi, on 06/18/02(04:46:47) I see. It is usual access restriction in INN (InterNetNews) and it seems to have been inherited to Netscape-Collabra. DeleGate automatically issues "MODE READER" when the s
  06/18-06:57 . 1696  Brian Vaughan <psydabdyi-gfjtcvrrvzfr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [71]
  That was it! The patch works fine. Thank you so much for your time *** Brian Vaughan Corporate Webmaster, Web Services FAME Information Services, Inc. 325 E. Eisenhower Parkway, Suite #301 Ann Arbor
DeleGate/7.9.7 -- fixes for Win32 service and AUTHORIZER cache
  06/18-12:45 . 1697  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [25]
  Dear DeleGate users, I inform you of the new release of DeleGate available as follows: SITE: ftp://ftp.delegate.org/pub/DeleGate/ FILE: delegate7.9.7.tar.{gz,bz2} DATE: Jun 18 12:34 JST 2002 TAR-SIZ
How to get rid of automatic startup question?
  06/19-01:02 . 1698  "Lynn Lantz" <puidabdyi-gfjtcvrrvzfr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [198]
  When I start delegate (Win XP pro) using: delegate -P8080 SERVER=http FSV=sslway DGROOT=c:\delegate ADMIN=myemailaddress it stops and asks a question about whether I want this service to automatical
  06/19-01:10 . 1699  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [22]
  Adding the following parameter will do. SERVCONF=auto This is not in any document, sorry. Cheers, Yutaka @ @ Yutaka Sato <y.sato@delegate.org> http://www.delegate.org/y.sato/ ( - ) National Institut
refresh file on a cache
  06/19-06:01 . 1700  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [46]
  Hi, This works when a HTTP client accesses to a HTTP server via DeleGate as a HTTP proxy, because the mechanism "If-Modified-Since" (do real transfer only when the original data is modified since th
  06/19-07:04 . 1701  "michel.guilhem" <pradabdyi-gfjtcvrrvzfr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [61]
  Le Mardi 18 Juin 2002 23:01, vous avez crit : Thank you for the response , i think that i develop a script to detect on a origin server the changes . I put the changes on the directory of my delegat
File clean up!
  06/19-07:09 . 1702  "Ken Godee" <pfmdabdyi-gfjtcvrrvzfr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [22]
  I just hate to go around wiping out files... I have several directories that have alot of files built up in them and would like to clean them up a little. The ones that seem ok to wipe out... "/log"
  06/19-07:25 . 1703  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [37]
  Basically, any file created by DeleGate can be removed any time without serious effect on the behavior of DeleGate. But what should be done is not to create such files or to remove them automaticall
  06/19-08:22 . 1704  "Ken Godee" <pfmdabdyi-gfjtcvrrvzfr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [102]
  I'm running Rh 7.1 , Delegate 7.9.2 Below you'll find my config files. This problem with the EXTRA files may of been my fault and nothing to do with Delegate. I'm using monitoring software to check
refresh file on a cache
  06/20-02:46 . 1705  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [32]
  Hi, What kind of detection does the script do? Do you mean "refresh" by "push" ? How do you access to the origin server? Anyway, I think you need to access to the origin server to detect modificatio
ICQ via SOCKS-DeleGate
  06/20-16:17 . 1706  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [34]
  Hi, This configuration seems confused because while configuring as a SOCKS-server with SERVER=socks, it is referring itself as a SOCKS-client with SOCKS=(myself). This SOCKS=... parameter must be re
how to restrict the access to several site?
  06/24-23:37 . 1707  pvmdabdyi-gfjtcvrrvzfr.ml@ml.delegate.org [4]
  Hello, is it possible to restrict access to some website with delegate ? like with a string (word) or a black list?
DeleGate/7.9.8 -- fixes for SMTP and HTTP, extensions of HOSTLIST and HTTPCONF, etc.
  06/25-11:53 . 1708  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [29]
  Dear DeleGate users, I inform you of the new release of DeleGate available as follows: SITE: ftp://ftp.delegate.org/pub/DeleGate/ FILE: delegate7.9.8.tar.{gz,bz2} DATE: Jun 25 10:45 JST 2002 TAR-SIZ
ldap virtual server
  06/25-19:33 . 1709  "Mark Coleman" <pvudabdyi-gfjtcvrrvzfr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [35]
  I am in the process of evaluating delegate for use in a number of situations. I have successfully configured it as a simple proxy that relays non-SSL ldap client requests to/from an SSL-ldap server.
Load balancing among multiple servers (Re: ldap virtual server)
  06/26-04:42 . 1710  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [133]
  Does those LDAP servers serve the same contents? Do you intend to distribute load on those machines? If so, you can use round-robin for hostname/ip-addresses resolution by HOSTS="*/*/RR". The pseudo
  06/26-19:08 . 1711  "Mark Coleman" <pvudabdyi-gfjtcvrrvzfr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [149]
  Thanks for the prompt response. I'll apply the patch and give it a try. Cheers, Mark "Yutaka Sato" <feedback@delegate.org> wrote in message news:<_A1710@delegate-en.ML_>... relays very single possib
Is there any feature to add support for new auth method?
  06/28-16:08 . 1712  Wu Zhou <pwadabdyi-gfjtcvrrvzfr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [14]
  I wish to add a new authentication method, such as radius or windows domain authentication to DeleGate proxy. How can I do it? Thanks in advance. W.Zhou ___ Do You Yahoo!? Yahoo! - Official partner
DeleGate/7.9.9 -- extensions for HTTP, -r option, etc.
  06/28-17:46 . 1713  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)
  Dear DeleGate users, I inform you of the new release of DeleGate available as follows: SITE: ftp://ftp.delegate.org/pub/DeleGate/ FILE: delegate7.9.9.tar.{gz,bz2} DATE: Jun 28 17:21 JST 2002 TAR-SIZ
unassigned port
  06/30-01:59 . 1714  "Ankur" <pwidabdyi-gfjtcvrrvzfr.ml@ml.delegate.org> [65]
  Dear Sir, How do I open access to unassigned ports such as port 6080 and other gaming ports. I am having some problems with my client machines to access sites using applets. If you goto http://chann
Minor OS/2 Build qibble for Delegate 7.9.9
  06/30-11:41 . 1715  pzmbabdyi-gfjtcvrrvzfr.ml@ml.delegate.org [25]
  I just finished building Delegate 7.9.9 on OS/2, and only ran into one small problem. Line 48 of pds/md5/Makefile is missing a tab character after the':' which my version of make does not like. Addi
  06/30-13:49 . 1716  feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato) [32]
  Hi Derek, Thank you for your notice, I'll fix it so in the next release. I never think it a small thing. Beeing build without any change on any platform is an important commitment of DeleGate. Sprea
Generated:06/20 22:59:20 (3 sec) Expires:06/21 04:59:17 @_@V