Article delegate-en/16 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119

Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] sslway accept failed
08 Aug 1998 06:26:57 GMT Thomas Stolzenberger <pcaaabdyi-h5qfbm55yj3r.ml@ml.delegate.org>
CMG GmbH

Hallo,

I am having a problem running your "delegated" generic HTTP Proxy with
SSL encryption via SSLeay. The following
scenario takes place. A  Netscape Navigator on  the SSL-Client (Linux)
is
connecting to the Delegated SSL Proxy (Linux) in the following
way, which masks a HTTP server on the PROXY Server with Delegated SSL.
The following command is started on the
proxy:

    delegated -v -P8080 FCL="sslway -ac" SERVER=https MOUNT="/*
http://localhost/*"

The SSL client Netscape uses this command:

    https://dino

Everything is working fine, if I use the following command line:

    delegated -v -P8080 SERVER=http MOUNT="/* http://localhost/*"

and with the Netscape HTTP client

    http://dino

On the command line of the PROXY/HTTP host the following message appears

if the https connection is done and I have
entered my PASSPHRASE for sslway:

    accept failed.

I have used a self signed sample Certification on the SSL proxy which I
have generated in the following way:

    ssleay req -config /usr/local/ssl/lib/ssleay.cnf -x509 -new -days
365 >cacert.pem

Afterwards I used the following command to generate the browser client
certification.

    ssleay x509 -inform pem -outform der <cacert.pem >cacert.cct

That gaves me the Key-File and the CACERT-File. Al is running with my
Internet Information Server 2.0 for
about two years.

I am using now SSLeay 0.9.0b and delegated 5.6.0. For compiling of
SSLWAY, I changed Makefile.go to use
the libraries libssl.a and libcrypto.a .

Thanx a log in advance