Article delegate-en/1257 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: rewriting problem with cgi program
29 Jul 2001 06:56:52 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)

On 07/29/01(11:39) you Dennis <p4qcabdyi-ufvkztwgr63r.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote
in <Pine.LNX.4.30.0107281928510.10000-00000X@illusions.com>
 |>  |MOUNT="/* http://192.168.1.1:1500/*"
 |>
 |> This must be enough to make DeleGate rewrite URLs contained in
 |> starndard HTML tags.  A possible reason of the not-rewritten URL
 |> is that it is contained somewhere DeleGate does not care,
 |> like in JavaScript? or so.  Could you show me how the URL is
 |> expressed in the response message?
 |
 |I've added a login for you in the webmail application so you can log in
 |and look for yourself, if you'd like.

Thank you very much.

 |You'll see that once you are past the login screen all the links are the
 |non-rewritten internal address.

Situations I saw there varied depending browser, proxy, and
some kind of timing.  Netscape Navigator (4.75) always shows
empty page for https://lercnetworks.com/cgi-bin/webmail.
MSIE (5.00) shows login page, then MOUNTed or original page
after login.

 |The application seems to be all frames and the links are in tables. Could
 |the fames be causing the problem?

I observed the response message from your DeleGate containing
both "Location: https://lercnetworks..." and "URI: http://192...."
headers.  The most provable reason of the problem seems that
DeleGate does not rewrite the URI header in response message.
So I expect that modifying your DeleGate to support URI header
rewriting would fix the problem.  The enclosed patch (for 7.4.1)
will do it.

*** ../../delegate7.4.1/src/url.c	Fri Jul  6 15:03:34 2001
--- url.c	Sun Jul 29 15:27:25 2001
***************
*** 95,102 ****
  				goto exit;
  			}
  		}
! 		if( strncasecmp(str,"Location:",9) == 0 ){
! 			ref = str + 9;
  			while( *ref == ' ' )
  				ref++;
  			if( convmaskp ) *convmaskp = convmask;
--- 95,103 ----
  				goto exit;
  			}
  		}
! 		if( strncasecmp(str,"Location:",9) == 0
! 		 || strncasecmp(str,"URI:",4) == 0 ){
! 			ref = strchr(str,':') + 1;